We are currently searching for a Dog Trainer to teach for Savvy City Dog.
This is a work-from-home position, though preference will be given to candidates applying from Washington, DC/Maryland, who may be able to occassionally meet in person.
- CCPDT, CCPDT in progress or equivalent experience
- Commitment to LIMA training
- Experience with teaching a wide variety of dogs and humans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Enjoys working with people and dogs
- Ability and desire to teach virtually
- Tech savvy
- Teach 45-minute Zoom classes
- Basic/Puppy Kindergarten
- Canine Good Citizen (you don’t need to be an evaluator)
- Ensure you have the correct audio/video/lighting/etc setup before each class
- Provide a short summary of each class, with homework, for the students (no more than 15 minutes)
Class curriculums will be provided; however, the trainer should have a solid working knowledge to teach all basic obedience behaviors – including sit, down, stand, stay, come, loose leash walking, place, etc.
This great opportunity pays $20-$30/hour, based on experience. Current classes are Saturdays at 10:30am and 11:45am EST US, the trainer would be required from 10am-1pm.
*Scheduling can be adjusted for the right candidate, and additional classes will be available in the future!
This is an excellent position for someone who is friendly, detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and enjoys working with people and dogs.
All interested applicants should apply using the form below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Dog Trainer Application Form
Please complete the following form to apply for a dog trainer position with Savvy City Dog.
Michelle Yue is a Certified Behavior Consultant Canine, a Certified Professional Dog Trainer, a CGC evaluator, a Certified Trick Dog Instructor, a member of APDT, and a C.L.A.S.S. evaluator.